Alternative Silver cell electrolysis

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use a similar set up for gold recovery.

I assume you are left with silver anode slimes after the copper is pulled out. What do you then go on to do with the slimes in order to refine them? is it a silver nitrate cell?
Yes, but the advantage is that there is less waste created this way, and that matters the most for me.

Yes, but the advantage is that there is less waste created this way, and that matters the most for me.
May I ask ?
Is this electrolyte solution of Cu( SO4) made w/ Cu(SO4) and water or from copper nitrate and sulfuric acid? I would like to try this method next . Do you cement out the copper from copper nitrate solution then weigh it to figure out how much sulfuric acid to weigh to put in the solution?

Last edited:
May I ask ?
Is this electrolyte solution of Cu( SO4) made w/ Cu(SO4) and water or from copper nitrate and sulfuric acid? I would like to try this method next . Do you cement out the copper from copper nitrate solution then weigh it to figure out how much sulfuric acid to weigh to put in the solution?
CuSO4 bought from fertilizer shop and added water, the resulted solution is used as electrolite.

Back