Another tin question

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glondor

Hey all. I am doing a recovery on some material that is loaded with tin. The gold will be sold off @ the buyer based on xrf readings. Since this is just a recovery effort, is there a way, after dissolving the copper base metal, to just continue the process, and somehow include the tin in the melt? I know after the nitric bath, The metastannic acid needs a conversion to tin metal, can it be done without a furnace, perhaps chemically?

I am just trying to find a workaround for times when purity is not an issue. I think I am barking up the wrong tree, but I thought I would throw it out there.

did you try to reduce it with NaOH?

from Ehow,
You can also try using a combination of zinc powder and hydrochloric acid to eat away at the tin oxide deposits. This requires access to these chemicals and the knowledge of how to use them safely, and even then there are limits. The tin oxide will be etched away.

Read more: Tin Oxide Removal | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/way_5887887_tin-oxide-removal.html#ixzz2LnkvxSxN

good luck.

Latest posts

Back