Anybody close to Hudson WI?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scratch

I've been prospecting now for about 7 years and have gotten a few ounces from all over the country, and I've always been interested in trying to get the gold out of old electronics and refining it. I have a bunch of old 1960's circuit boards from my old job and have also started saving older electronics when I can. I'd like to try it not so much for the money aspect, but to make some of my own little buttons and nuggets to add to my collection. Before I do, I'd first like to see the process first hand to see all what's involved.

Is there anybody here within an hour or so of Hudson Wisconsin, or on the East side of Minnesota that wouldn't mind showing me the process on their next batch start to finish?

I'll bring the pizza...?

Laser Steve has video's (some free on his web site), (some more in depth he sells) you can watch these in your home.

Other members have also put together video’s and tutorials.

The general chat section you will find the welcome for new members, with the general reaction list, and guide to the forum, this can help to get you started to see some of the different processes and get you started so you can find more information you will need.

Some time’s it may take days, weeks, or months to do some processes from start to finish (depending on what process and materials), you might need a lot of pizza.

Hoke's book will walk you through the steps.
Teach you the principles, and give you experience when you practice her experiments, to understand reaction of metals in solution and she also teaches you how to test for these metals when you cannot see them.
She explains in detail in simple terms how to process your karat gold, and also teaches you many of the principles needed for dealing with other materials like electronic scrap,

The forum (although sometimes may take time to weed through the forest) will also teach you, and walk you through processes, many with pictures.

I hope you can meet up with a member who can show you a few things, but to be successful you will still need to do the homework.

Latest posts

Back