anybody ever make sulfuric acid with vanadium pentoxide?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pimpneightez

vanadium pentoxide, is used as a catalyst for the production of sulfuric acid. seems like this would be awfully expensive. anybody ever try this before?

I think that would best be done industrially, I also believe there are other metals that can used as a catalyst, I have read of some interesting experiments on the science forums.

Just wondering what some of the advantages are of using vanadium pentoxide over say copper sulfate. I know there is a couple diffrent ways to make sulfuric acid. Is it easier? Is it made diffrently than when other catalyst's are used?

my ingredients for concentrated sulfuric acid is $26.00 US and 1 quart of gasoline and electricity, it yields 1.5 gallons of very concentrated sulfuric acid.

im just trying to be funny. :p but really, the cheapest form of good clean concentrated sulfuric acid i can find is from O'reilly Auto Parts. automotive battery electrolyte is almost 30% concentrate, and at $26.00 for a 5 gallon container, i get a half gallon more than drain opener for the same price and this has no additives.when you evaporate the water, the acid is crystal clear with a slightly yellow color.

I had several questions after this thread sparked a little interest, until I found where some mad scientist wrote this article.

http://www.sciencemadness.org/talk/viewthread.php?tid=8923

Latest posts

Back