AP cleaning after SMB

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would reuse it before adding a sulfite to drop gold, also if you want to drop gold out (before using SMB),
you can try copper or, the white copper 1 Chloride, or just heating on low heat evaporating some liquid lowering oxidizer and chloride some, this way gold precipitates with a small amount of copper,little more HCl & H2O2 , after decanting gold and lil copper (easily seperated) your Ap can be rejuvinated.
I have used AP and AR after precipitating with sulfites to disolve base metals from low grade scrap with additions of acid and oxidizer, but only for stuff that will need several more refinings and that gets incenerated between processes, but I dont always follow the normal proceedures :oops: and may cause myself more work than if I did, (I love to work anyway) and try to reuse my acids as much as I can before dropping their metals and neutralizing them.

If thats the case, it's probably a good idea to load up your solution with as much gold as you can before using the smb.

Mark

Latest posts

Back