AP or sulfuric cell for gold plated copper beads?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DAVEEDO

a noobe with a question. would AP process be suitable for 13,500 1.5,2,and 3mm gold plated copper beads?
or am i'm better off with a sulfuric cell? i ask because of the copper being the base metal
i accidentally posted this in general chat also. apologies
thank you in advance

My opinion?
Sulfuric stripping cell. Two reasons. You won't create nearly as much waste material, and the remaining pins have a market value. That the plating is on copper is a definite plus if a stripping cell is used, assuming you don't allow it to run hot. Copper is not dissolved.

I deleted your duplicate post.

Harold

Harold_V said:
My opinion?
Sulfuric stripping cell. Two reasons. You won't create nearly as much waste material, and the remaining pins have a market value. That the plating is on copper is a definite plus if a stripping cell is used, assuming you don't allow it to run hot. Copper is not dissolved.

I deleted your duplicate post.

Harold
ok so you prefer a cell the cell your talking about is with the cathode, anode , and battery charger?

go to www.goldrecovery.us and follow the login instructions.lazersteve has some good videos that may interest you.especially the sulfuric cell for stripping gold plate.

Geo said:
go to http://www.goldrecovery.us and follow the login instructions.lazersteve has some good videos that may interest you.especially the sulfuric cell for stripping gold plate.
i know all about Steve's website i actually just bought the DVD on refining gold plate gold filled scrap i cant wait to get it. i have watched every video Steve posted on his site at least 3 times. i also just purchased a crucible and my next buy is the furnace bricks? I'm working on getting everything to build a sulfuric cell, all the while collecting scrap i actually went to a few computer repair shops and asked if they would put aside anything they were throwing out with gold on it. turns out they throw away barrels full of scrap so today i will spend a good portion of the day cutting fingers from boards, pulling pins and processors etc. then i will weigh all my gold portions and gather an idea of my return. busy day today
thanks 8) 8)

Latest posts

Back