AP process and ambient temp

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

siddharta

Hi,

I would like to ask how much does ambient temp impact to AP process. I am moving into new workshop and I will have to perform this outside.

B.

colder temps means slower reaction. when a reaction normally takes 4-5 days add a couple more days.

Ambient temperature can change drastically, from season to season, from 120 degree to below freezing (good time to make nitric), some processes you can take advantage of the weather and temperature, other times you will have to protect, and use tools to get the conditions you need, heaters like crock pots hot plates, coffee warmers, and other warmers, a small fire place is nice to warm your hands and toes the fire is also good heat up a few things, or for incineration, a shelter cover for, leaves rain and snow and so on.

I refine year round outside, sometimes all night long, in sunshine, rain, or snow, have been building a good size refining shed, about half done with it, now I am thinking I do not want to refine inside a building, even with my fume hood, my hotplates go 24 hours, and I would not want to run a hood fan that long, I like the open of the outdoors and seeing the wild critters run around, some of these critters get so used to me standing there for hours on end come up close, deer, foxes, squirrels, wild turkey, owls, bats, birds and coyote's, even a bear one night thought she could spread my trash cans all over the woods, now I am thinking instead of a building with wall all I need in a small cover maybe better than the tarp I use now during heavy rain, something like a small carport roof on four log poles to hold it up, about an 8'X8' cover would be enough for me and my refining table, this way I would not have to worry about keeping the heavy snow off my tarp and it crashing down.

thnx for the answers. I managed to get my hands on 1000 sqf workshop in industrial zone. But now I have to start building it from start. And since this will be my first AP I didn't know how it will perform outside. We have about 41 F now. Maybe I will do it in storage area and build some exhaust system with PC fan.

Latest posts

Back