AP with air bubbler

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jmell

When I have two 6in wallmart air bubblers in my 5 Gal bucket 1/2 full of AP will I still need to add Peroxide?
I'm running ceramic chips.

is you solution green? if you started with a copper chloride solution, air is all you need. if you started with fresh hcl, you will need to add some peroxide to jump start the reaction.

thanks
yes I started with 2 to 1 mix. and it has been running with bubblies for 2 days and it seems to be working.

the mix is still good and clear. With extended use will I need to drop the copper out or just keep going?

The copper is in solution as CuCl2 this is what dissolves the copper (or makes the leach work), this solution dissolves more copper to form CuCl, when CuCl forms adding a little HCl will again form CuCL2 regenerating the leach to be able to dissolve more copper, so you do not want to cement out copper unless disposing of the solution.

It sounds like you need to study the document on the copper chloride leach, so you can get a better understanding of what you are attempting to do, go to Laser Steve's web site to find that document.

http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=12914

follow the link and it should answer most if not all of your questions about AP. to answer this question, after the solution becomes saturated with copper, remove the bubbler and cover the container loosely to keep trash out and in a week or so the solution should be an emerald green and any excess copper will be as white crystals on the bottom of your container.

Latest posts

Back