apprentice seeking teacher

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flattop

I would like to say thank you for letting me be apart of this forum and all the info here.I am reading Hoke and all the posts I possibly can. But I auditory and kinetics type learner so all though I am reading the info I don't retain it as well. I am just south of the bay area of CA. If there is any one in the general area that has experience in recovery/refining that would be willing to walk me through iti will compensate for your time in some form. Or if anyone else has any ideas on how to learn them I would be greatful. Thank you all again for taking time to read this

Flattop said:
I would like to say thank you for letting me be apart of this forum and all the info here.I am reading Hoke and all the posts I possibly can. But I auditory and kinetics type learner so all though I am reading the info I don't retain it as well. I am just south of the bay area of CA. If there is any one in the general area that has experience in recovery/refining that would be willing to walk me through iti will compensate for your time in some form. Or if anyone else has any ideas on how to learn them I would be greatful. Thank you all again for taking time to read this

Best teacher you'll ever have and she tutors for free.

Attachments

• CM_Hoke_side_1.png
    CM_Hoke_side_1.png
    402.9 KB
Flattop said:

dont worry with that, i have add and memory probleme ,i cant read a book as im unable to concentrate enuf to get the main idea of the text. the forum in other hand is made of very short explicative sentence ... ex: smb will drop gold. now you know smb will drop gold, easy to remember ,later someone will tell why . because it is a recucing agent, now you know that some substence will reduce or oxidise material ... as for myself i have to try and fail and come to seek the answer in the forum. i would not be able to absorb the knowledge otherwise.... if you absolutely want a teacher i think, i dont remember who, a member already offered to do teaching on webcame. also some older member here got ebook to sell that are very straith to the point on technic and how too.

Flattop,

If you're a visual learner, there a few members who have created some great videos.

First, follow the Guided Tour created by LazerSteve. It will provide an introduction to the forum and numerous valuable links including the General Reactions List. Be sure to follow the link to his web site as he has many outstanding videos, a collection of great reference documents, and he sells a lot of the supplies needed to get started including detailed instructional DVDs. Samuel-a also has a lot of videos, guides and tutorials at his web site Gold-N-Scrap. There a few others here who have shared their videos, Geo and Goldenchild come to mind. I don't have links, but you can search some of their posts.

Download C. M. Hoke's book. There is a digital copy you can read on screen here: Refining Precious Metal Wastes. If you prefer a printed copy, you'll find a link to a printer friendly version in my signature line below. You'll see her book mentioned repeatedly here on the forum for good reason. It is probably the best book ever written for the beginner who wants to learn refining. It is written in layman's terms and will provide a solid foundation that will help you understand everything you read here on the forum. You'll also find a tremendous amount of information in the two Forum Handbooks compiled by aflacglobal, Forum Handbook Vol 1 and Forum Handbook Vol 2.

Most importantly, before you jump into any of the processes you see discussed here, be sure you understand the potential hazards and do everything you can to minimize the risks. Read EVERYTHING in the Safety section of the forum, especially the Dealing with Waste topic. No amount of precious metal is worth jeopardizing your health or the health of those around you.

Dave

Yes I agree with you Rusty on Hoke. I down loaded Hoke and gold refining forums volumes 1&2 and even printed and bound them so I can read them and use them when chance arise. And I greatly appreciate all the segregations and you all have pointed me in the right direction. I myself was just saying I need a different approach is all. The videos is a good idea and after I finsh this post. I will be looking for them. Thank you again everyone

Flattop said:
Yes I agree with you Rusty on Hoke. I down loaded Hoke and gold refining forums volumes 1&2 and even printed and bound them so I can read them and use them when chance arise. And I greatly appreciate all the segregations and you all have pointed me in the right direction. I myself was just saying I need a different approach is all. The videos is a good idea and after I finsh this post. I will be looking for them. Thank you again everyone

You'll find the videos on lasersteves site http://www.goldrecovery.us/

Then samuel-a has some great videos posted on his site http://www.goldnscrap.com/

Latest posts

Back