AR fumes

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s good to ask questions if you are not sure about the answer.
If you are working outside I would advise to have a fan at your back to blow any fumes away from yourself , if you have neighbours try to avoid pushing the fumes into their spaces and definitely don’t push the fumes towards cars or machinery or the bill for paint / rust repair will be large.
To dissolve precious metals you need strong highly corrosive chemicals as they are the most chemical resistant metals we know, always wear gloves and safety glasses could be a good idea.
Before you start understand the process fully and have a plan to safely dispose of any toxic solutions you produce, virtually everything you need to know is here on the forum for free you just need to read.

I was just wondering, after reading about the poor mice and their exposure, is the dispersion of the gasses outside enough to limit the exposure? I will be doing all work outside.
Keep in mind that when you have the wind in the back, there will be a slight vacuum in front of you where gases can keep circulating, and even sucked towards you. (like a slipstream)
I would vent from one side, along with the wind direction.

The best way is prevention; keep the reactions slow, low and loosely covered, to recycle the emitted gases, and your emission (and possible exposure) will be very low.
edited for spelling

Latest posts

Back