Help me understand this please

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G'day all

I'm one of your Aussie members and whilst I rarely post, I do read most of the monthly posts about refining etc.

The gold and silver buyer I use is great in my opinion. They scan my PM's with an ERF gun and pay you according to the current spot price. And they pay me in cash. It can be a bit nerve wracking until I get back to me car, especially when I walk out with three or four thousand dollars.

But like the other members suggested, get another dealer. Mine is so simple, ERF and current spot price.

Cheers
Are you sure you do not mean XRF?

Hello all,
I have a local precious metals buyer and with my silver he is amazing.
When I bring in gold that was 10k or 14k that I've refined to .999 fine... He offers crap for it. He says if I bring him the jewelery, he would pay more? What am I missing here?
Example, today I brought in 5.189 grams of 24k in a hand poured bread loaf ingot. 400 dollars worth of gold... He tells me, it's 22k, and offers a payout of 260 dollars.
I'm always polite until I need to be the Devildog, but that is ridiculous. If I bring you pure gold, you pay less then if I brought you the actual jewelry itself of a lower Karat?
Please help with this issue of me obviously missing something. He knows I am with the business when i come that he can't get one by me, but yet he always tries this crap...
Does anyone here suggest a reliable gold buyer? All my refines are acid and XRF verified.
As always folks, thank you all who take time out of your day, with much more important things to do then teach me something that I honestly should be able to guage myself.
CHEERS!!
There is a lot of hanky panky going on with Gold Buttons and bars. that contain Tungsten metal. Try pouring Gold Popcorn , This shows that Gold is not mixed with Tungsten because their Specific Gravity's are similar

Latest posts

Back