ar with a fine white powder that passes thru filter paper

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arthur kierski

i have an ar solution(that contains gold) with a fine white powder that passes thru the filter paper--it only holds in the filter paper after passing many times over--before filtering i added h2so4 to form pbso4----before that i boiled down but also did not work----
does anyone knows or have an explanation for this-----
it took hours to filter and refilter this solution

A charmin plug is a piece of toilet paper rolled up and inserted in the funnel in the tapered end to act as a filter. Don't roll it to tight or it will not filter. Roll your paper out and run some water thru it and make sure it will allow fluid thru it at the rate of 2-3 drops per second and depending on how contaminated the fluid is will depend on how long till it stops up. It oes a good job tho.

Arthur,

I thought you purchased my DVDs that show how to make a Charmin plug? The Fundamentals of Platinum DVD has this and many other useful tips that apply to refining. You should buy it and see what you are missing.

Steve

Steve,i did not buy your dvds yet because of the distance and burocracy to pay and received it in brazil---my nephew who lives in san francisco will purchase it for me, he will also purchase gsp book on refining and i am looking for a shredder to powder my black epoxy chips----he comes often down to brazil and will come with all these materials to me---
my best regards to you
Arthur Kierski

Arthur,

The price to ship all four of my DVDs to Brazil is only $12.50 and you will have them in 10 days or less, why wait?

Steve

arthur kierski said:
i have an ar solution(that contains gold) with a fine white powder that passes thru the filter paper--it only holds in the filter paper after passing many times over--before filtering i added h2so4 to form pbso4----before that i boiled down but also did not work----
does anyone knows or have an explanation for this-----
it took hours to filter and refilter this solution

Let the powder settle and siphon the clear solution.

Latest posts

Back