Asking questions

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Geo said:
i consider it a baptism by fire. if a person comes here with preconceived notions and cant get past it to better their education, one of two things will happen, they will be banned for causing a disturbance or they will leave. if they happen to get past these notions and take the advise given, they will be accepted and given as much support as this great conglomerate can muster.

Totally agree, and while I cannot speak for others my own experience is as follows. I hear about in concept recovering gold, silver, etc from electronics so I start googling. I stumble on the SHOR systems, and say this has to be too good to be true (knowing nothing at all about anything in terms of gold, etc recovery, refining). I google for reviews on SHOR and stumble (and by stumble I mean get smacked in the face) on links to here. From there knowing nothing I spent a good year learning, experimenting, learning, reading, watching reputable videos, asking questions, learning, and then finally attempting the processes myself and was quite successful. Mind you I've only managed to find the time to process the foils off of fingers, but I have buckets of IC chips, pins, CPU's, and boxes upon boxes of circuit boards, etc waiting to be depopulated and processed. All the time listening, learning, searching and asking questions. I've bumped heads with a mod or two because I misspoke about a process or didn't phrase something right and worried/confused people, but in the end I listened and adjusted my thinking to that of which works and keeps the peace.

Never be afraid to ask questions, only be afraid of not listening to the advice given

PS. I love it here :mrgreen:

Never be afraid to ask questions, only be afraid of not listening to the advice given

I disagree,and i am not alone.there have been a number of newcomers who will not ask anymore,because
they feel unwelcome.this has been relayed in emails from these people.they feel that they need to retain a lifetime of information,which is not possable in six months or even a year,to even consider a question.
example,Ihave been here since janurary this year.I posted my second question this morning at 8 am
it was read by 30 people,with no responce at 1pm,i deleted it.no sence cloging up the forum if no one can or will
offer advice.
I used the search first to no avail.
I am sure someone could have answered,but i felt like it was some sort of imposation asking.
I will eventually find the answer,but i would have liked the help.
i will help others where i can,but like a growing number,i will not ask anymore.
there are people here that go out of there way to help others and i am not discounting there dedication
to the forum.
i do appreciate them.
not just my opion
john

JHS said:

I disagree,and i am not alone.there have been a number of newcomers who will not ask anymore,because
they feel unwelcome.this has been relayed in emails from these people.they feel that they need to retain a lifetime of information,which is not possable in six months or even a year,to even consider a question.
example,Ihave been here since janurary this year.I posted my second question this morning at 8 am
it was read by 30 people,with no responce at 1pm,i deleted it.no sence cloging up the forum if no one can or will
offer advice.
I used the search first to no avail.
I am sure someone could have answered,but i felt like it was some sort of imposation asking.
I will eventually find the answer,but i would have liked the help.
i will help others where i can,but like a growing number,i will not ask anymore.
there are people here that go out of there way to help others and i am not discounting there dedication
to the forum.
i do appreciate them.
not just my opion
john

The forum seems to be in "vacation mode". You can't expect quick replies. Deleting your question eliminates getting any answer.

Jim

Latest posts

Back