AuCl fumes corrsive?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lawsonland

Hi,
I have 3000ml of AuCl on a stir plate to disipate extra cholorine.
I have it outside now but wanted to know if the vapors are corrosive.
Can it be brought into a garage after I let it stir for several hours.
Its getting cold and wanted to drop the gold inside
Thanks

Yes, it is mainly HCl and it is corrosive. Unless you sealed it well in some sort of plastic or glass container with a lid, I wouldn't put it in the garage, unless there were nothing made of steel or aluminum in there.

People have work benches in their garages all the time. You should have one with a fume hood! Channel it to the outside where is a barrel filled partly with lime water to serve as a 'scrubber'. I made the mistake of omitting the lime barrel back in 1995 and got a chewing from my mother in law for peeling the paint from her car. LoL :lol: Dr. Poe
P.S. Plastic soil pipe works very well as do cage fans.

Dr. Poe said:
People have work benches in their garages all the time. You should have one with a fume hood! Channel it to the outside where is a barrel filled partly with lime water to serve as a 'scrubber'. I made the mistake of omitting the lime barrel back in 1995 and got a chewing from my mother in law for peeling the paint from her car. LoL :lol: Dr. Poe

:shock: New paint job on car = expensive --- fume hood = not so expensive --- keeping mother in law (or wife) happy = worth more then both paint job on car & fume hood --- moral of story = install fume hood :lol:

Kurt

Latest posts

Back