Average Time Mylars Have To Sit In Nitric/Peroxide?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lookin like $$$ in your sites and looks like you'll see it in the end...
Anything on melting and pouring off excess mylars to cut down on them?..
I'm guessing it would take quite a while for silver to drop to the bottom before being able to pour the mylar out.

BS.
If you can smell it, RUN!

butcher said:
I forgot to mention your beakers of blue solution, looks like dollar signs cementing out of solution, looking good.
LOL... It looks like knowledge signs to me. :shock: Man, I'm so impressed with the knowledge here on this site. I really enjoy this.

I thank you so much butcher for the compliment.

Lookin like $$$ in your sites and looks like you'll see it in the end...
Anything on melting and pouring off excess mylars to cut down on them?..
I'm guessing it would take quite a while for silver to drop to the bottom before being able to pour the mylar out.

BS.
If you can smell it, RUN!
Yes.. If I smell it... I'm running away as fast as I can. No joke.

I'm planning on doing my washing and drying tomorrow. I'm thinking about natural drying, but I do have a hot plate too. I'll post my results by the new year hopefully.

I thank all of you here on this forum. You've all made me a more responsible person, even though I should have been as responsible anyway. We live and we learn.... hopefully.

Kevin

jar
/jär/
Noun

A wide-mouthed, cylindrical container made of glass or pottery, esp. one used for storing food.

Smack said:
jar
/jär/
Noun

A wide-mouthed, cylindrical container made of glass or pottery, esp. one used for storing food.
Thank you Smack. And thank you for the stern warning you gave. Hopefully no one has to learn the hard way, as I almost did.

Kevin

After placing the mylars in solution and rinsing them, do you have to let the solution settle overnight or can you add the copper immediately afterwards to drop the silver?

Kevin

why would it have to settle? are there particulates floating in the solution? you can filter and cement as soon as its stripped.

Geo said:
why would it have to settle? are there particulates floating in the solution? you can filter and cement as soon as its stripped.
Thanks Geo... That's exactly what I wanted to know.

So, that means that when I filter the solution, the silver will go through the filter because it's in liquid form back into the new filtered solution?'

If I clean the mylars as suggested before processing, do I still need to filter the solution?

Kevin

you should filter every type solution before you precipitate and especially if you see something floating around in it. your final product is only as clean as the solution you are starting out with.

Geo said:
you should filter every type solution before you precipitate and especially if you see something floating around in it. your final product is only as clean as the solution you are starting out with.
Point Made.

Watch what I'll be showing today in the "Gallery" section of the forum. It's not much, but it's a job well done.

Geo, Love you bro. Thanks for your help and inspiration.

Kevin

Latest posts

Back