barren plated cellphone boards

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arthur kierski

i extracted gold from cellphone boards with a gold stripper(cianide based)-----the results was very small------ i did 24kilos(53lbs) of boards in 3hours work
the result(yeald) was 2,88grams of gold=0,12grams per kilo ----- or 0,054grams of gold per pound

i found this result very small---- i am being honest about the results that i obtained------
in the e-scrap refiners cheet that i dowloaded for reference---it indicates 0,5 to 4grams per pound of gold-----in cellboards
did any one obtained better results then me?
if so, i would like help from members on what i am doing wrong----
thanks for any help , information,better methods of extraction
regards
Arthur

I would bet many of those cheet sheets are written by people who have not extracted gold, I would trust your expierience over some thing written with nothing to back it up as fact.

i processed about the same amount not long ago and recovered 11.6g of gold =/- 1g in waste solutions.

the boards becomes barren by taking out all components with a heat gun-----then the boards are put into a vessel containing a gold stripping solution(cianide based)-----the boards loses all the gold traces , which goes to the solution-----to the solution free from the boards,one adds naoh and zinc powder or aluminium shets to drop the gold------to a sample of the solution,free of gold, i make a test to see if any gold remained----this test is made in a hood(to avoid any hcn production)

Geos 11,6gram of gold obtained from a similar quantity of boards ---makes me envious,because is very equal to the cheet shetts that i mentioned in my initial thread

arthur

ps:i will try to recover the gold with a diferent method(ap,hno3,hcl-cl) ------
thanks and regards
Arthur

the cellphone board only holds about 1/3 of the total gold in cellphones. the rest of the gold is in the components.

Geo,i know that most of the gold is in the components------my thread and my questioning was on barren cellboards-----barren cellboards weights half of a full cellboard(with components)------
full cellphones yealds to me 0,8grams of gold,0,2grams of pd and 5grams of ag per kilo----
regards
Arthur
barren cell boards is giving me 0,12 grams per kilo---the 0,8 total grams comes from full cellfone boards +the barren cellboards

the solder is separated from the components and the metals in it(ag,au,pd,sn,pb,fe)are separated together(this solder have tiny smds,black chips,tiny metalici.cs)---first i incinerate it to liberate the gold from the tiny chips----the other components are done in batches(chips-Partnors pyrolisis)---gold contacts and barren boards(gold stippers)-------the cellphone boards are not equal---but similar build--
just for information----1kilo of cellboard have 60 to 70grams of scapped solder , and from 1kilo of solder i extract around 3grams of gold , 0,60grams of pd and silver(did not quantify) but more then 20grams certainly----
regards
Arthur

Latest posts

Back