Base metals

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sjeepboy

I am wondering if muratic acid alone will dissolve the base metals out of old electronics? If there is another chemical I need to add that won't dissolve out the gold, what is it and what ratios should I use?

Please don't double post.
Also please study the forum, all the answers are here already.
And you will find the answers to your next question you didn't even think of yet.

Jim

Okay on the double post, still trying to get the hang of things on this forum.

I have done a search and not having much luck, I hope that someone can give me a clue. I am definitely on a learning curve and have messed up several batches. So I am trying to go back to the start and fix my whole process.

jimdoc said:
And you will find the answers to your next question you didn't even think of yet.Jim
i love that one a lot

if you are looking for info on how to treat complete board ,simple you wont find any... theyr is finger,flatpack,nsbridge,solder,copperpin,brass pin,pin with solder,pins withoutsolder,copper,tin,lead,ceramic capacitor,tental,silver,led,...... for us each of them need to be treated differently .... or... you are a professionnal refinner and you burn everything down....... start by doing a search on AP and FINGER

This thread has a discussion on base metal dissolution and also incineration.

edited to update link, hopefully it now works.

http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=14815&p=149394#p149394

Westerngs said:
This thread has a discussion on base metal dissolution and also incineration.

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=14815&start=20

your link doesnt work
edit ok it work but you have to copy and paste only on the last part...

Latest posts

Back