Would these chips be worth trying to recover the gold from?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was that from one kilo of chips ?

If I remember correctly Kurtak said they should contain about 9 grams per kilo, where are you thinking that you can squeeze a little more from, solution, solids ?

Either way the gold that you did get looks great and thank you for sharing about these !!!

Also are you considering refining the rest of the 500 kilos ?
Yes he did say 9 grams, this was my first attempt at it so wasn't the smoothest of runs I think I lost a little in some sludge but next time will yield better results. To answer the second question, yes definitely considering it also considering trying to source a constant supply of e-scrap.

I'm sure after a few tries you will have it down lol.
Not sure about you but 500 kilos would keep me busy for a while so I would secure those and then focus on finding a supply of material.
That is if you are getting them cheap enough to make a good profit !!!

I'm sure after a few tries you will have it down lol.
Not sure about you but 500 kilos would keep me busy for a while so I would secure those and then focus on finding a supply of material.
That is if you are getting them cheap enough to make a good profit !!!
Definitely lol, but yeah will take some time to process. Cost seems to be the main thing, but around where I live the e-scrap is an easier source than carat scrap at good prices.

Why do you guys suggest the gold bonding wires are incased in the epoxy? The ones of done they are right under a fiberglass sheet on the black epoxy. I get hit it a torch of a sec and then just wipe off the bond wires. I’ve burnt the epoxy square and there was nothing in it. I think it’s more of a heat sink.

Why do you guys suggest the gold bonding wires are incased in the epoxy? The ones of done they are right under a fiberglass sheet on the black epoxy. I get hit it a torch of a sec and then just wipe off the bond wires. I’ve burnt the epoxy square and there was nothing in it. I think it’s more of a heat sink.
I do not know what kind of chips you have, but there is no bond wires on the surface of any chips.
The epoxy mix is used as a protection for the chip assembly so nothing moves or are mechanically damaged.
We need to burn off all the volatiles and then crush burn and sift before gravity separating.
A single strand of bond wire is almost invisible.

Latest posts

Back