Best process ?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goldinsulator

OK 1st. all expert opinons will be eagerly welcomed !!!!

After trying and at failing on my recovery efforts then sucess only because of the help from the GREAT PEOPLE HERE !

I have decided to use deplating on my low yelid and flash plated pins.
QUESTION: once no more reaction is observed what is it I am looking for in the solution. And do I just pour the solution through a coffee filter and reuse ?
I have been all over this site looking at this process.

2nd
gold plated on copper from cell phone/computer boards that were "cooked" at high temp and from ic chips
Which way would be best to recover gold to purify. and what to expect and look for to know it is going well. I have included a picture of a sample of the scrap.

1. put into deplating cell , I have a large amount of the material

2. use waste hcl/cl cl depleated soultion adding 23% peroxide to disolve the gold, solution also has some smb in it.

3. weak nitric acid solution to disolve copper then precessing what is left.

After 1 of these processes I will then refine in an "ar" solution .

I am in the middle of making my own nitric acid thanks to this site, as well as being able to be refined myself in the recovery processes.

I do Thank all of you who throwed in your dimes of knowledge....

Attachments

• 392924_446610352082221_607445915_n.jpg
    392924_446610352082221_607445915_n.jpg
    24.4 KB
honestly, that is not the way i would have went at it. you could dissolve the base metal in AP (copper chloride) and collect all that didnt dissolve. theres alot of tin in that material.

Geo said:
honestly, that is not the way i would have went at it. you could dissolve the base metal in AP (copper chloride) and collect all that didnt dissolve. theres alot of tin in that material.

Thanks again geo. after all the serching and reading i have done i see you love to jump in and help.

well i havnt done anything yet.

the picture is of cleaned boards pulled apart from sandwhich and ic chips that i sorted by size large only with trace of gold plating.

i have the used solution that i can add peroxide to for a fast gold disolving solution.

goldinsulator said:
Geo said:

Thanks again geo. after all the serching and reading i have done i see you love to jump in and help.

well i havnt done anything yet.

the picture is of cleaned boards pulled apart from sandwhich and ic chips that i sorted by size large only with trace of gold plating.

i have the used solution that i can add peroxide to for a fast gold disolving solution.

goldinsulator, if it were me I would put the material up,(separating it into type) and do some more research. You don't want to add all this into one bunch and start processing. All you will do is make a big mess, each type requires a different method to extract the gold and any PMs that may be there.

Research the AP method and learn what it will dissolve and how long it will take. AP is a great method for removing base metals but it can take up to two months for the process to finish depending on the amount of material weather air is added and weather conditions.

Ken

Latest posts

Back