Best way to strip AU from unpopulated boards?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crip53

Hey all,
I could use a little input as to how to get all of the pretty yeller stuff off of some unpopulated boards I got.
I'm so use to having to deal with all sorts of junk on the boards, I'm kinda having a brain-freeze trying to figure the best way to get it off...including all of it hiding within ALL of the little and big holes going through the boards.
Most of the boards are your normal average thickness type....a few fiber layers thick...but a couple are actually thick and heavy (like a server board)..though the gold around the holes on them are really big :)~

Anyway, I'm including some pics and hope you guys can spread a little knowledge my way.

Thanks in advance :)
AC

Attachments

• brd1.gif
    brd1.gif
    91.1 KB
  • brd2.gif
    brd2.gif
    94.9 KB
  • brd3.gif
    brd3.gif
    83.5 KB
  • brd4.gif
    brd4.gif
    100 KB
  • brd5.gif
    brd5.gif
    82.1 KB
In the old days, cyanide was the best answer. Nowadays, there is no good answer for selective stripping of gold, except maybe expensive iodine or bromine solutions. I think you should use one of Steve's methods. The one he uses for fingers.

I knew a guy that used cyanide.
I took some boards to him, it did a good job on the exposed gold.

He also had a method of stripping heavy silver plate from copper.
Left the copper bright and shiny. The scrap yard would always want to know how he did this......he wouldn't say.
Randy

Latest posts

Back