Black cloud in AP

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Point taken, I will stick to conventional methods that are well known, tested and trusted.
I saw something on YouTube I think it was where they did something similar with citric acid and salt.
As far as I'm aware, silver contacts don't ordinarily have iron in them(I maybe wrong), there would be no reason for copper to cement on them so unsure what has happened here.
They were magnetic were they not?

They were but I believed the iron to be in the bits that the contacts are soldered to/fixed to.
Yes, but they are still there and in excellent contact with the Silver.
So the whole contact point, iron and Silver included form a galvanic unity and act as it was something close to Iron.
If you mange to remove the Iron completely things will change.

Point taken, I will stick to conventional methods that are well known, tested and trusted.
I saw something on YouTube I think it was where they did something similar with citric acid and salt.
As far as I'm aware, silver contacts don't ordinarily have iron in them(I maybe wrong), there would be no reason for copper to cement on them so unsure what has happened here.
If you have magnetic contacts there is a high possibility there are some iron or nickel in the pot. ;)

I've seen plenty of silver on iron contact points.

Göran

Latest posts

Back