Black powder/slime recovery

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oropolis

Hello everyone,

This is Mario from Mexico asking for your help again. I have recovered quite a few black mud/slime that was in the bottom of my nitric acid that was used to refine gold, i have read some of the articles in the forum and i remember they were saying that first i should dry it, i have two questions:

1 -is this gold?

2.-how can i recover it?

Thank you very much amigos,

Mario Gonzalez
Oropolis

Mario chances are that it will contain some gold and quite possibly platinum group metals. Personally I would filter and dry the powders and add silver to them at least 4 times as much and melt into corn flake and re process through nitric this should get your gold back and the PGMs should be with the silver which after cementation you can recover through a silver cell as slimes in your anode bag.

Hello Nickvc and thank you very much for your reply, i will do this process and see how much gold i can recover,

thanks amigo!

Mario
Oropolis.com.mx

nickvc said:
Mario chances are that it will contain some gold and quite possibly platinum group metals. Personally I would filter and dry the powders and add silver to them at least 4 times as much and melt into corn flake and re process through nitric this should get your gold back and the PGMs should be with the silver which after cementation you can recover through a silver cell as slimes in your anode bag.

Latest posts

Back