Bleach acid gold dissolver

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Captain, The Man giving you Advice was not harassing, He was being Straight with you.
If you could see past your pride you will come to understand, and as others had said, you have a lot to gain by sticking around and learning, Harold's frustration over these question's asked by people unwilling to put forth their own effort is shared by many of us on this forum, and as it has grown so much with thousands of new members, it is almost impossible to keep up with.

Members MUST BE WILLING TO STUDY ON THEIR OWN.
think of joining a mountain climbing club and expect the other members to haul your dead weight up the mountain for you, no you would be expected to learn to climb on your own.

If a member here really does want to learn and puts his own effort into it the members on this forum will go far and above the call of duty to make sure you get over that mountain.

Harold is one of the masters in this business and on this forum, and should be treated with the utmost respect, his comments may seem in your eyes disrespectful but that is because you are seeing not with your eyes but with PRIDE, a major downfall of all us man is Pride, in pride we think we are real men in reality it is childish and foolish.

Nobody wants to see you leave this forum, as you may become a great member, a simple apology for being a cut up in class and then download HOKE'S book, some reading and comeback in a few weeks and see if you do not see things differently, if you stick around here you will see why we all respect Harold so much.

If you want to keep down the same path all I can say is good luck

captain_toker said:
if you all think i desrespected anyone then remove me i did nothing but give my peice of mind that he disagreed with . thats all i dont have to put up with harassment there is a place called unlv . nobody will learn anything if they do not ask . im not an english major . im a captain . peace out
Captain Toker, I believe you may have toked too much. I don't think you realize what you are throwing away here. If you are really interested in refining, this is the place to be, if you're not serious about it, then no loss for you I guess. I think Harold has already put up with more from you than I would. :|

People who aren't really serious, get offended really easy and leave an awful lot around here. You can pick them out by the questions they ask, and the drug related names they choose. I guess toker didn't really want to learn. Oh well, bye-bye.

Jim

Having heard from toker (via PM), including his prolific use of four letter words, it is clear that he is not a good fit for this forum. He confirmed my hunch, that he was here for less than constructive reasons, and was not willing to be civil. We won't be hearing from him again.

Harold

Edit:
I would like to thank those of you that understand (and endorse) my approach to this forum. We have much to lose by allowing the atmosphere to degenerate to the level typical of much of the internet---where morons choose to disrupt otherwise good and worthy fora, and, often, go unchecked. Here, we expect (demand, really) that individuals be on their best behavior, and that they apply themselves to learning. It's clear that we are all willing to be helpful, but it shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone that we expect total cooperation, and a mannerly approach to the forum. We do become combative when met with rudeness.

One of my objectives in dealing with circumstances we encountered with this individual is to establish their desire to be cooperative and non-combative. Those that respond kindly and show an interest in mending their way are forgiven (ask mic!). Those that cop an attitude find themselves on the short end of the stick. My objective is not to ban readers, although I do so with great pleasure once they have displayed an unwillingness to mend their ways.

Im a joker
Im a smoker
Im a midnight toker........
I do my refining on the run.
Wooo hooooo Wooo hooooo

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Toker.....you need to chill dude....

I spent some 6 months on the forum before I started any attempt at gold or PM recovery. I recomend a stop in your recovery efforts until you have a good grasp of the chemistry involved. Some of the processes involved pose some serious danger if you do not know what you are doing. The guys here are trying to help you succeed and you can if you give them a chance. What we do here is for the most part hobby refining/recovery...get over it if you think you are going to make any kind of living from this...the returns are for the most part just not there. You can however chill out, learn some interesting science and put some real gold into your pocket at the same time. The choice is yours.

Texan

I think that one very important point that many new members fail at first to realise is that all the moderators and many of the regular contributors to the forum do so purely for altruistic reasons, every post is done for free, every reply takes valuable time and the knowledge passed on is in many cases from decades of hands on experience.
Those that take the time to read and learn find themselves in a unique place where help,support and comradeship is the norm and where the members protect this forum and it's leadership because it is too valuable to be allowed to become degraded and dragged down to a level where participation becomes a chore rather than a pleasure.
Common manners and respect cost nothing and I for one grateful that that is what is on display in virtually all posts, bad practice and dangerous ideas are quickly squashed and the reasons why are normally explained.
We count many expert professional refiners and many more expert amateurs, people of all races,religions and differing political views amongst the membership and it works by observing the simple rules of the forum.
Those that won't follow those rules find out very rapidly that their stay is short and I'm personally very grateful as it allows this unique forum to maintain it's standards.

You have been admonished to do some reading, so you begin to understand the basics of refining. I'm amazed that you continue to ignore good and sound advice, asking questions that are easily answered by a little effort on your part. Many of us have very little time to dedicate to the forum---it shouldn't be wasted on mundane questions that expose your lack of trying to learn.

You have been advised to read Hoke's book---likely more times that I am aware. I recommend you get on with that project and stop asking questions that have no need to be asked.

In recent posts, we have discussed the phenomenon that appears to be pervasive in today's generation---that of instant gratification and an entitlement mentality. That doesn't fly here.

Please get a grip and do your part.

Harold
I am new here as well and I got to be honest you are very rude and disrespectful to a lot of people. You really are a super pretentious because you have done this before. I just can't read anymore without saying something. I bet you are killing the traffic on this page. I know I can't hardly read anything you write because your such a demeaning a hole. And you for some reason are still allowed to talk to people the way you do after being called out over and over. This is an argument page for Harold not a learning forum where you can ask questions.

I am new here as well and I got to be honest you are very rude and disrespectful to a lot of people. You really are a super pretentious because you have done this before. I just can't read anymore without saying something. I bet you are killing the traffic on this page. I know I can't hardly read anything you write because your such a demeaning a hole. And you for some reason are still allowed to talk to people the way you do after being called out over and over. This is an argument page for Harold not a learning forum where you can ask questions.
Welcome to us.
If you were going to start a pissing contest with Harold, you'd loose flat out.
Additionally to becoming banned.
Luckily for you, Harold has left the forum long time ago.
The post you replied to is 13 years old.

If you are to stay in this forum I expect you to follow the rules and pull your weight in the studies needed.

Here are the links to what you need:
We ask our new members to do 3 things.
1. Read C.M. Hokes book on refining jewelers scrap, it gives an easy introduction to the most important chemistry regarding refining.
It is free here on the forum: https://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=19798
2. Then read the safety section of the forum: https://goldrefiningforum.com/forums/safety.47/
3. And then read about "Dealing with waste" in the forum: https://goldrefiningforum.com/threads/dealing-with-waste.10539/

Suggested reading:
https://goldrefiningforum.com/forums/the-library.101/
https://goldrefiningforum.com/threads/when-in-doubt-cement-it-out.30236/
https://goldrefiningforum.com/threa...le-read-this-before-you-post-about-ore.33333/

Forum rules is here.
https://goldrefiningforum.com/threads/gold-refining-forum-rules.31182/

Latest posts

Back