Blue Clay

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On the subject of gold from sewage, it's nothing new. Here's an aritcle, one of many that are available for perusal.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2009/01/30/us-gold-sewage-odd-idUSTRE50T56120090130

Similar findings came from silicon valley, in California.

Harold

Hmmmm, very interesting...

So, it seems best results would occur in places like Silicon Valley and other places where precious metals are processed and used.

A question for anyone in the know,

Does the sludge from any/every municipal treatment system contain enough PMs to warrant processing?

edited for spelling

Ocean said:
anyone got any idea on my question above?

Perhaps you could Produce a 'Dirty Jobs" segment.

Just find the Treatment plant that handles the effluent from that area and buy up their composted sludge.

Ocean said:
anyone got any idea on my question above?
Strictly speculation------I expect that the expense of extracting values from sewage sludge to exceed the value of the recovered metals, with rare exception. The volume of values accumulated in sewage, without industrial contributions, would be limited to the insignificant wear of jewelry and dental appliances, so the content would be quite low in most cases.

Harold

The gold that I found in the sewage line indeed came from a septic tank entrance. This house was too far from the sewage line to connect to it. As far as where the gold originated, the eating of vegetables would be my first choice. However, when I was mixing some hydroquinone with some city tap water in Mesa, Arizona, gold precipitated as a colloidal suspension. The city water (I'm not talking about the irrigation water) , that the city drinking water contained 1/600,000 parts gold. Everyone in Mesa, Arizona either buys their drinking water or passes it through an activated carbon filter. No, you can't make a profit from refining feces. But, if you are processing sewage anyway, you'll have an eventual accumulation. Dr. Poe

qst42know said:
I don't believe that is the form of silver that is normally found. Certainly not from Canadian glacial ground blue clays. But cool nun the less.
manorman, how do you know it is silver not pyrite :?. i have panned what i think is silver, other than a assay, which i have done on the clay , how do i know it is silver, not pyrate.

I know this is off topic but i have to say this, i have been reading everything i come across on this forum i spend around 2 hours daily reading both old and new posts. This is truly a wonderful group of people here, however my favorite topics to read are when Harold posts or replies to a post, you....you sir are wize with wisdom and tell it like it is, even if the truth may hurt at times.

slickdogg said:
I know this is off topic but i have to say this, i have been reading everything i come across on this forum i spend around 2 hours daily reading both old and new posts. This is truly a wonderful group of people here, however my favorite topics to read are when Harold posts or replies to a post, you....you sir are wize with wisdom and tell it like it is, even if the truth may hurt at times.
Speaking one's mind isn't always the smartest thing to do, but I have a little trouble blowing smoke up anyone's skirt.

Those that have come to know me through my posts probably understand that I speak with their best interest in mind, especially when my comments are not what they may hope to read.

Thanks for the kind words! 8)

Harold

manorman said:
4 grams of native silver i panned last year.
Mike
636qomxj.jpg
hello eaglewing, i just clued in, have a look at manorman's silver. this is what the panned sample looks like from the blue hole above the road. {next sample}

Attachments

• bluegrndtn.jpg
    bluegrndtn.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 259
Can you use Stannous Chloride in a situation like this to get some information about the clay category ore sample ?

For example, if it assayed 1 ounce of gold per ton - would that sometimes show up in a stannous test ?

So if you do a Stannous test, and it turns purple, you have a strong qualitative indicator for the presence of gold.

Perhaps not fail-safe - if you do a Stannous test, and it doesn't turn purple - can it still have gold in it, just not detected by Stannous ?

It does look like something has stained the soil and rock as both have this color, also looks to me to have freshly broken and buried trees (look like cedar I remember in Kentucky), possible recent hill erosion or flooding, the rock is rounded in this soil like made from rolling down a river or creek, is it a seasonal creek? It is hard to gather much from a picture.

It does look like linerite silver ore to me. $677 a ton is good. Test it for gold, copper and lead. :|
Dr. Poe

Richard36 said:
Sorry, but this looks like spray painted soil to me.
Look closely and see if you can spot what I'm seeing.

View attachment 3
good one , took the whole cann to paint this. kidden
seriously now.
here is a close up for you to look for the paint. doh
dr poe , the gold test we did with the silver test came out "au 2.18 gpt" .
we have a sample of the hard pann from 300 feet down the hill ready for testing. we will test for all metals but look at what we panned out of it. see second picture.
yes its in a seasonal creek, in a 20 year old clear cut.

Attachments

• hardpann.jpg
    hardpann.jpg
    269.1 KB · Views: 144
  • lead.jpg
    lead.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 144
  • silvertest[1].jpg
    silvertest[1].jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 143
Back