Broken crucibles that have gold

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PreciousMexpert

I have a bit of crucibles that have gold on them and they are broken into small peaces.
I have looked through the search feature and couldn't ind the right thread.
I know that I should remove the part that is visibly obvious to not contain gold by hand and then maybe crush it.
I am sure someone already went through this before
Can you give me the link please
Thanks

Yes sulfuric acid is what is used as a drain clean to clear stoppages. Make shure you filter the solution so you recover your small particals of gold before you pour into your drain.

If sulfuric is used to dissolve flux that is contaminated with base metals, the left over acid will have base metals in it and should not be disposed of down the drain. Never dump any liquid with base metals in it down the drain.

Drain opener fresh out of the jug can be dumped down the drain.

Steve

Can a good Fused Silica crucible be also boiled in sulphuric to get rid of the slag, rather than using the standard torch procedure?
Just wondering if that would be OK ... :|

Phil

golddie said:
what would be some of the ways to drop the metals in the solution

I use soda ash to raise the ph in my AR solution's to drop every thing. It should work with sulfuric as well as far as I know but I haven't tried it seperately from my AR solution.

Latest posts

Back