brown tan yellow green?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cloomis

after a aqua geia soak its rince repeat and i get a brownish mud beautiful but after drying it turns a green color what is it?

cloomis said:
after a aqua geia soak its rince repeat and i get a brownish mud beautiful but after drying it turns a green color what is it?
Your comments make no sense. One does not soak in AR---that dissolves the values.

It might be wise for you to describe what you're done, so you can get a response in keeping with what you need to know. Please do not leave out the small details, for you may be leaving out the very thing that will make sense of your very confusing post.

If you have dissolved gold in AR and precipitated it, but not washed it with an extensive washing cycle, you've made a mistake. drag-down will contaminate gold, even when the precipitant you choose does not precipitate any of the base metals. From the sounds of your post, assuming you are talking about precipitated gold, your solution was filthy.

Try to keep one thing in mind when you process gold. Garbage in, garbage out. It is very best if you can eliminate all base metals prior to dissolving gold----and to not extract gold with AR unless there are no other approaches. Dissolving base metals along with the values is a very poor procedure, and can yield problems that you may not recognize.

If you do not have a book on refining, it would be in your best interest to follow my advice. Buy Hoke's book.

Harold

Back