Bulk Testing Acid

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brndnw27

Where can I buy bulk quantities of pre-mixed gold and silver testing solution? I don't need the kits, just the bottles of acid.

I am assuming your talking about testing metal (not for testing metals in solution which would use different reagents).
Search for pawnbrokers guide to metals testing, and also Hoke's book on testing precious metals.

You can make your own solutions of gold testing acids with HCl and HNO3, these range from pure nitric to dilute and concentrated aqua regia, note aqua regia testing solutions have a shelf life.

Potassium dichromate can be bought to make schwerter's solution for testing silver (and other metals), or you can just by the solution.

Lots of places on eBay. Here's one. Buy 12 of any of them for $20 = $1.67 each - Free shipping. Not bad.
http://stores.ebay.com/bestjewelrysupply?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

You can buy potassium dichromate from one of our members here. Publius bought more than he needed a while back and sells it to members at a very good price in the small quantities we need for testing. See his link Potassium Dichromate. Great member to deal with! 8)

Dave

Latest posts

Back