Capacitors on CPU, RAM and other devices

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Renaldas

What precious metals do these tiny capacitors on CPU and other devices contain? Any gold and PGM?

Monolithic capacitors may contain gold, silver, palladium, and in rare cases platinum. The more common ones only contain nickel and silver. You have to test each source to know which types contain what metals.

Search the forum for monolithic capacitor and you'll see photos, yield data, and other information.

Steve

lazersteve said:
Monolithic capacitors may contain gold, silver, palladium, and in rare cases platinum. The more common ones only contain nickel and silver. You have to test each source to know which types contain what metals.

Search the forum for monolithic capacitor and you'll see photos, yield data, and other information.

Steve

Can they be processed by AR after crushing them? I collected them after processing CPUs in AR, maybe they are worthless after processing in AR even uncrushed?

Some of the Pd, if any was present to begin with, may have been extracted if they have been boiled in AR already. The only way to know is to process a sample.

The search I suggested will cover processing methods.

Steve

lazersteve said:
Some of the Pd, if any was present to begin with, may have been extracted if they have been boiled in AR already. The only way to know is to process a sample.

The search I suggested will cover processing methods.

Steve

Ok, thank you, I will try to search the forum!

Latest posts

Back