Catalytic Converter Refining

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nickvc said:
The first link seems to have what you want simple liquid bleach but make sure it's not coloured or perfumed, you could also look for sodium hypochlorite crystals. Bear in mind this is for making chlorine gas which is dangerous so add slowly,carefully and under a fume hood.

Thank you very much. So basically I will go to the hardware store and buy a bleach bottle, carboy or bottle which is basically free from any color, perfume and other additives and bleach color should be white or colorless. Thank you very much.

Hey guys I had gone to a shop to buy clorox but I didn't get that brand but I am being a bottle which says chlorine free bleach for white clothes, etc. Will that work??
I can easily get this..
http://www.rin.in/rin-ala

The ingrediants is Sodium Hypochlorite - 4%
sidium hydroxide
amino oxide 1 %
Etc.

I suppose Sodium Hypochlorite is an important ingredient but its only 4%. So just wanted to confirm.

Thank you.

Sodium hypochlorite is what you need to make the chlorine to dissolve the values and if it's in too high a ratio it's wasted as it gases off.

Actually I am getting house belach only. The link above is used be housewifves for cleaning clothes but its the ingredients written as were..
Sodium Hypochlorite - 4%
sidium hydroxide
amino oxide 1 %

Now I had a talk with another guy. He supply to the laundry. I asked him the Sodium Hypochlorite percentage and he told me its 10%.
He also told me its plain bleach with Sodium Hypochlorite with a strength of 10%. Its the cheapest one only $2 per liter because he doesn't use any packaging or bottle. He sells loose.

Hey guys just bought the bleach from a laundry guy. The colour is infact light yellow. Will this work good??
Thanks

Attachments

• 20140411_172555.jpg
    20140411_172555.jpg
    3.2 MB
solar_plasma said:
Is it labelled "Packaged drinking water" or do I have hallucinations??

Lol I have written it. I bought it as loose so I took my bottle which was lying in backyard. I am still waiting for the answer. :)
P. S : Dont judge a book by its cover.

arsenic123 said:
solar_plasma said:
Is it labelled "Packaged drinking water" or do I have hallucinations??

Lol I have written it. I bought it as loose so I took my bottle which was lying in backyard. I am still waiting for the answer. :)
P. S : Dont judge a book by its cover.

solar_plasma is trying to promote that safety always comes first.

a picture is worth a thousand words.

Without knowing what ingredients it contains beside hypochlorite nobody will be able to tell for sure, if it will cause problems or not. Probably it will work, but who knows for sure....

edit: ok,I just saw, you wrote amino oxide (sure it isn't amine oxide?)...then I don't know....maybe some chemists will join in....

solar_plasma said:
Without knowing what ingredients it contains beside hypochlorite nobody will be able to tell for sure, if it will cause problems or not. Probably it will work, but who knows for sure....

edit: ok,I just saw, you wrote amino oxide (sure it isn't amine oxide?)...then I don't know....maybe some chemists will join in....

Oh sorry. My bad. Here is the actual ingredients.

Ingredients: Sodum hypochlorite 4% max. sodium hydroxide 1% max. amine oxide 1% max.
Hope this helps. By the way this ingredients are for the link above which is considered as substitute of clorox. The bottle above is loose bleach which I don't know contains any of other chemicals apart from hypochlorite.
The link is..
http://bigbasket.com/pd/281366/rin-fabric-conditioner-200-ml-bottle/

Thanks

You can find hypochlorite without amine oxide. Amine oxides are or have the function of surfactants. It has been advised (thanks Marcel!) better to use those solutions without surfactants. That's all I can help with.

Latest posts

Back