Cellphone AP setup

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gary492

okay so here is my AP setup
Mix 2 cups of HCl (muriatic acid) to 1 Cup of H2O2 (3% peroixde)
Pour it into a small shallow pyrex or tupperware dish.
Find an old clean toothbrush. (Not to ever be used again)
Lower one of the boards into the bath
Wait 5-10 minutes, until the solution starts to turn green
Lift the edge of the phone board with some tweezers
Gently scrub the gold areas using the toothbrush
Your gold layer will rapidly deplate as a fine powder in the solution
Do all your boards like this before filtering
Add peroxide if the solution turns a deep black
then take the beaker and put it through a filter and then repeat this 3 times to get the best results
then what do i do with the AP i dont have a bubbler and is my process good
(Also this is my first post in a long time because of C. M. Hokes book yes im a slow reader and thank you to everyone that said stop or else i would of killed my self

with that much peroxide, you may be dissolving some of your gold. are you watching for the precipitated powder? and then adding more peroxide may be enough oxidizer to hold the gold in suspension. have you tested your solution with stannous chloride?

Gary492,
It is great you stuck with this, and have spent time studying Hokes book,
Like Geo said you may dissolve a tiny bit gold.

May I make suggestion? Do not filter the solution till after your done with solution for this process, I would use solution to do the job, then put in jar and let it sit overnight, the powder and fine gold will settle, then your can decant solution from the powder (I use suction bulb and pipettes).

The solution once removed from the settled powder can be filtered to remove any trash, before reusing, or bottled for storage.

The solution can be reused and any gold in solution will precipitate out as powder with use on more copper later.

Attachments

• suction.jpg
    suction.jpg
    3.2 KB
Thank you very,very mouch Sir
gary492 and all members. Sir I didn't find Hydrogen Peroxide 3% I find 6% How can dilute Peroxide 6% to be 3% ?
Do I Dilute the Peroxide with distilled water?What is the amount of water per litter?
any help are appreciated

Latest posts

Back