Chemical fume pipe and fittings

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeneje

Good morning guys, I have bought a new fume hood (used) and it does not come with the ducking. I have already in place 4" PVC piping from my old one, but the prolbem is this new hood has 7" exhaust.

Two questions here, i have done a search on the net for chemical piping and the size i need is not available, any suggestion on where i might look?

Second, my scubber is fixed for 4" PVC will i need to upgrade the systems size to 7" throughout or can i reduce the 7" to 4" without prolbems?

Any advice here is greatly appreciated.

Ken

you might want to consider ducting the hood outside directly without scrubbing and running a manifold in 4" with a series of 1" flexible hoses dropping down to carry the fume in need of scrubbing to the scrubber while the hood catches the few fumes that get away and pump them out of your breathing space.
IMG_0338.jpg

4metals,

Looks like you have two separate blower systems there.

One for removing all fumes through a 6 inch pipe straight up, and another 4 inch pipe routed sideways to a separate blower directed to your scrubber.

Do I see little PVC ball valves at the end of each 1 inch hose inside the fume hood?

Nice roomy setup.

Kadriver

try http://www.usplastic.com

they have corrosion proof PVC ducting from 3" to 24"

Kurt

edit; if its made of plastic - they have it - including pumps, blowers, valves, & containers & much much more

Do I see little PVC ball valves at the end of each 1 inch hose inside the fume hood?

Each drop has a shut off valve and the end of the manifold (the lowest point in the manifold before the fume enters the scrubber) there is a drain port where valuable green ooze can be collected from aqua regia reactions on karat material.

Latest posts

Back