Chloroauric Acid.............

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imp.hacene

Hello folks.......and thanks for sharing........
Actually i need advice + answer.....i have chloroauric Acid and i'd tried to precipitate gold with copperas ,so i put few copperas crystal and boil the solution in cover pot ....well i end up with yellow salt and brown sand .....so what do i have guys ?

I would think the brown sand is the gold, but the other material I am not sure about.

How did you get the gold solution? Did you make it by dissolving gold scrap?

Also, there is no need to boil the solution, nor heat it. You just need to dissolve the copperas and add it to the gold solution. However, prior to doing this, you may want to search the forum for information about safety, copperas, gold chloride, chloroauric acid, etc.

edited: spelling

We could guess forever but the truth is we need a lot more details, how much material was dissolved, what sort of material, how much copperas, perhaps then we can give you a decent piece of advice.

It ain't much of a thing, but if you're using the search feature, be sure to search for "gold chloride" as well. Folks around here tend to use that term more often than "chloroauric acid". Also look for AuCl3 or just AuCl (not a correct formula, but easier to search for and sometimes used), and auric chloride.

Latest posts

Back