Cillit Anti Kalk (anti lime) - Sulfamic acid

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

solar_plasma

I got curious and bought Cillit Anti Kalk http://www.messeshop-deutschland.de...er_4tabs/cillit_anti_kalk_entkalker_4tabs.jpg

It contains sulfamic acid and adipic acid. Would this work to get rid of excess nitric from AR? Well, I do not consider to work with excesses of nitric. I am just curious. I can hardly imagine any problems with adipic acid, a carbon acid, just that organics not are, what we like to have in our AR, but maybe anyone has experiences with or knowledge about that?

Well I don't know if the Sulfamic acid would work but like urea it will affect the final purity of the gold.

Their are 2 other methods; heating the solution (not until the boiling point; just a little bit under it) adding HCl and this will drive out the excess nitric. (until it stops fuming; keep adding HCl in increments of 30ml)

You can use the same method with water but you will have to dilute the solution to twice it's volume and keep it evaporating.

The best thing to avoid this is to use nitric acid in small increments such 3ml-5ml-10ml

avoiding additional processes by sloppy work is the way to go :)

I would not use the product in the OP's post due to the other ingredients, the fewer contaminates you put in your reactions, the better.

Sulfamic acid works better than urea. Check out the Guided Tour--> Reaction list for usage details. Urea is best used as a fertilizer in my opinion. If you are using Urea now, you should give sulfamic acid a try and see what you have been missing.

The biggest differences between the two are: 1) the ease by which you can see the end point of the nitric acid and nitrogen oxides destruction; and 2) the complete destruction of both nitric acid and dissolved nitrogen oxides. Other advantages of sulfamic acid over urea include it's compatibility with PGM chemistry, the in-situ formation of sulfuric acid (precipitates lead), and sulfamic acid does not form explosive compounds (urea nitrate) with nitric acid.

You can obtain Sulfamic Acid from

Chemistry Store Website

Steve

Latest posts

Back