Cisco Sintered BeO (Ceramic) BGA Switch Processors

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks so much for the link. I was thinking it referred to beryllium. DIdn't know the O was Oxide, but did know that Beryllium was toxic. Now I can learn more about it.

Now after reading the wikipedia definition this sentence seems to stand out: "Some power semiconductor devices have used beryllium oxide ceramic between the silicon chip and the metal mounting base of the package to achieve a lower value of thermal resistance than a similar construction of aluminium oxide".

nickton said:
Now after reading the wikipedia definition this sentence seems to stand out: "Some power semiconductor devices have used beryllium oxide ceramic between the silicon chip and the metal mounting base of the package to achieve a lower value of thermal resistance than a similar construction of aluminium oxide".

Wikipedia isn't the best source of information but frankly what good did that quote do?

Sorry. I was just thinking it indicates there could be BeO in a chip. This is just for my basic and general knowledge. Earlier I got the impression it wouldn't be used. :mrgreen:

nickton said:
Sorry. I was just thinking it indicates there could be BeO in a chip. This is just for my basic and general knowledge. Earlier I got the impression it wouldn't be used. :mrgreen:

The use of the stuff is limited mate. It tends to be in particular applications. 8) 8)

Jon

Back