Computer chip that was used for Jewelry

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheechQ

I picked up these computer chips that somebody was using to make in the Jory the paperwork says they are 50 mill plated it with 24 karat gold there's about 1000 of them could you approximately tell me at the chips are worth more as a whole and how can I find these chips

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.6 MB
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB
That is a 1702 EPROM, the first EPROM ever made and could store 256 byte.

This one was made by Microsystems Limited as a second source on license from Intel. As for a price... a couple of dollars each seems to be the selling price on eBay for second source. The Intel ones goes for the double amount. (Large i logotype)

I would be interested in a couple if the legs aren't all bent. I need a few for a computer restoration project I have. Don't know if I need them but I rather have a few just in case I need them. If the chips are properly handled in antistatic foam or original packaging it would probably be worth a couple of dollars more per chip.

Göran

So I guess they ain't worth a lot except for scrap all the legs are bent over and are in plastic little baggies I don't know if you can bend the legs back without breaking them if you know that please let me know if possible I will try a couple of them

It's very individually depending on which chip it is. Some metal ages and some were brittle from the beginning. We are talking about 40 year old chips here. Only way to know is to try.

Göran

Is there a way to test them they all look to be in pretty good shape besides the prongs being bent over they all look like they been kept in a plastic bag and thank you for all the help I really like to find out if they're good because from what I can see their going from $5 and up thank you again

You probably need a programmer that is compatible with them to test if they are any good. I don't know if I have it, my programmer is 20+ years old but still this was old technology when I bought it.

Göran

Latest posts

Back