Crown muriatic acid

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bklopsy1

It has been a while since I posted. I recently purchased muriatic acid for my cut fingers AP process from the Mfg. Crown.

I am observing longer than normal finger release from fiber board and tending to use more hydrogen peroxide for seperation: and, fingers seem to be decindegrating instead of release in whole.

Anyone sharing a similar result with Crown muriatic acid?

Trace amounts of nitrates in your Hcl would explain the "disintegration",but it would not explain the longer time frames,and the extra peroxide needed.

some muriatic acid has different concentrations of hcl than others. i started using full strength from the bottle for my AP, but after reading some members use a brand that has 15% instead of the 32% i buy, i now dilute what i buy by 50%. i am very patient with my AP (ive been told a watched pot never boils) so after setting the process in motion, i check it in 7 days. ive never seen it take longer with an air supply.

Crown Muriatic Acid MSDS:

http://www.sherwin-williams.com/document/MSDS/en/023857722123/

I see nothing to give you troubles with this acid, it looks like normal HCl, if gold is dissolving nitrates as mentioned earlier is a possibility, if you are adding too much hydrogen peroxide is also a likely cause if you are dissolving gold, the weather is warming here so I assume cold temperature is not what is slowing your reaction, also if copper or gold layer was thicker , or more material in solution, in this batch than the batch you are comparing the speed of dissolving with, then it could be this batch has more metal to dissolve or to get under, or other factors like percentage of water involved.

Latest posts

Back