Crusty old prospector

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seamus

Name: Jim

Sex: Yes

Found under a rock: Shelton,Washington

Retired: Jack of all trade, master of none.

Occupation: Small scale miner, economic geologist(some what good at it)
Refining metals (just learning, new at it), and a redneck recycling bum.

Hobbies: Prospecting, rockhounding and rock carving, collecting marbles(with out ever loosing any), and running off at the mouth.

I have been prospecting and rock hounding for years and would like To know how to refine my own metals. That way I would learn the purity of the metals I'm finding and know there values. I know silversmiths (and goldsmiths) in my area that would buy my finds also.

Washington is rich in minerals but there located in specific areas. Some are easy to get to and some aren't. I'm going for it while I'm still young (sixty). Come on children, keep up with me while I'm still young enough to share MY knowledge of prospecting. Use it or loose it.
I enjoy this work out in the hills. It keeps me young and fit and the doctors at a distance.

I hope your dredges turn yellow and your smelters running for hours at a time. Remember, the gold you find adds wealth to your family and your country.

Think and use safety at all times. None of the gold if worth dying over.
Thank you for this forum Noxx

Oct13: I'm adding rock carving to my list of skills because of all the nephrite that I'm pulling out of the river to get to the gold. When I learn how to add images to the web, I'll show them along with my gold.

Latest posts

Back