Determination of Platinum, Gold and Silver

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pablohdez3

Hey guys,
I'm a student in a mineral assay course and I have been trying to find some information about the procedures for the determination of the following ores;
-Low grade Pt, Au and Ag
-High grade Pt, Au and Ag

So far I didn't have any luck, is kind of hard to find information about fire assay in the internet. So please; if anyone got an idea, webpage or knows this information let me know.

Thanks.

Have you read through the posts in the Prospecting, Mining, Ore Concentrates & Geochemical section of the forum? I haven't made it through that one yet, so I don't know if you'll find what you're looking for, but I would trust the information there more than most of what I would find on the rest of the internet.

Dave

FrugalRefiner said:
Have you read through the posts in the Prospecting, Mining, Ore Concentrates & Geochemical section of the forum? I haven't made it through that one yet, so I don't know if you'll find what you're looking for, but I would trust the information there more than most of what I would find on the rest of the internet.

Dave

I'm gonna have a look to the posts, but so far I didn't have any luck with google

Thanks

Expect to spend at least a few days reading in that category. What has worked for me is to start with the oldest post in a category and work my way up to the current posts. When the forum started, every question was new. There was a lot of good discussion. That's not to say there isn't good information in newer posts, but questions that have been asked many times may get answers like "it's been discussed many times."

Dave

One of the best books on fire assay is also free online.

http://archive.org/details/textbookoffireas00bugbrich

Latest posts

Back