did not kill nitric acid before adding precip

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bsktkaz

I could use some help here, I am new to refining. I started some refining with AR. I did a total of about 5 grams of gold and went to precipitate it out with SMB. Because I did not realize there was a step I skipped, I have added more than enough SMB probably 2-3 time the needed amount. How do I get the gold out now?

Would I just add urea or boil the solution down? Or is there a way I can get the gold out through electrolysis?

keep adding SMB in small increments. eventually, the nitric will be depleted by the gold precipitating and being re-dissolved. this is a crude method, but it will work.

thank you. Would it be beneficial for me to boil down the solution or adding urea before adding more SMB?

if you were going to use urea, you can follow the directions in Ms. Hokes book. if you want to do it the fastest way, just add SMB in small increments and nothing else. add a little and stir. wait until the solution clears and add a little more. if the solution fizzes and bubbles when you add the SMB, then you still have free nitric. add the SMB dry. when you add some and theres no fizzing or bubbling, the free nitric has been depleted.

Latest posts

Back