DIY Jaw crusher

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
with the thick steel try cranking up the oxygen and start cutting on the bottom corner.( somthing my dad told me and it seems to work)

I am going to try building a jaw crusher my self , so I will be back to see how it goes :p

That number 4 tip is the dog's bollox. I hit another delay when I ran out of grader blade teeth so I stopped in to the city garage and the road crew fellas donated a nice stick to my project. So I'm back at work!

Attachments

• jaw4.jpg
    jaw4.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 538
Good morning, today I started watching you tube videos about gold processing, refining, ect. and came across a site that manufactures gold processing equipment. This company makes various sizes of hammer mills. It was very interesting to watch everything from circuit boards to small electric hand tools, motors, door knobs, miscellaneous bathroom plumbing fixtures going through this hammer mill and the resultant scrap. There is also a video where they put 10 lbs. of powered circuit boards through a vibrating type of shaker table. The results are interesting and worth a watch. Try MBMMLLC.com

Im in denver and I have a home made jaw crusher. it has a 2 inch shaft 13 ton bearings 1inch wear plates bolted to 1/4 inch Press plates. end of shaft are turned 1/8th inch off center to make the motion of the moving plate a 1/4 inch circle. the botom of the moving plate is conected so it moves in a 1/4 inch by 1/8 inch oval circle. It takes a fist sized rock and makes it in to 50 % sand and 50% chips in a few seconds I think it runs at about 800 rpm with a 12 hp elect motor from an old wood lathe. jaws are 12inch tall by 8 inch wide with a 5 inch gap at the top. I need to add a fly wheel be cause it will jam but not very often. or a bigger motor . although Im very happy with it as it is. it dumps into a ball mill and in one pass the ore is down to 90% passing 200 mesh at 300 to 500 lbs an hr. Bryan in Denver..

Attachments

• IMG_20150427_210334.JPG
    IMG_20150427_210334.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 466
hi bubby,,I'm a bit of a mechanical engineer,,word to the wise...A Well known fact...dirt sticks to grease an oil,,where possible an if possible... take out your allenmites(grease certs)an use a auto feed grease cup,,,but instead of putting grease in it,,use graphite seed lubricant,,,,by using this method,it will almost completely eliminate friction wear,,,the only wear you'll sustain will be impact wear....this is hard to do when you first try it,,but the more times you do it the easier it gets,plus your stuff will seam to last forever,,,I did some experimental testing on an excavator... the one with grease was showing very visible wear within the first 24 hours of use(grease grabs dirt) the one retro fitted for graphite ran 50hours with no friction wear,an minimal signs of impact wear,,,,it maybe something to consider

Back