Does the AP solution have gold in it.

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Harold_V said:
Your advice is right on the money, marty, but I'd caution the reader to exercise care to not go too far below 25% gold content in inquartation. This is a case where more is definitely not in your best interest.

The reason you try for 25%, which is somewhat flexible, is to prevent the gold from disintegrating as the base metals and silver are dissolved in dilute nitric acid. By staying close to the 25%, the gold will hold its form, yet be honeycombed such that the nitric will fully penetrate without causing the gold to crumble. That's the best of all worlds for the refiner, particularly if one is against the clock and doesn't have time to wait for solids to settle before decanting.

The advice to read Hoke is the best that can be offered. Even if you pursue other avenues in processing, by having a firm understanding of the basic process, you're able to make informed decisions about questions pertaining to refining. I can think of no better source than Hoke. That may not be true for one well advanced in chemistry and refining procedures, but for the novice, her book has no equal.

Harold
Harold,
You guys are great!
I'll take up on your advice to acquire the Hoke's book.
I better start refining some Au to pay for it!
Thank you

You don't need to buy Hoke's book, download it from the link below

http://tinyurl.com/hokesbook

erm...... I'm having problems with that link as well although I have used it successfully in the past. You could drop me a PM with your email address and I'll put Hoke's book on an attachment for you

Zonealarm spyblocker blocks every tinyurl link when I try,
I think it has to do with the link being altered from the original.
If the link shows the correct web address it works. Somewhere
on the forum there is a Hokes book link that worked for me.
Jim

Latest posts

Back