dropping Au with ferrous sulphate.

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leondavids

Hi all , i have down - loaded a copy of hokes and in precess of reading it .Mean - while i have a problem in getting Au to drop with ferrous sulphate.Thus far i have dissolved all Au and other product on p.c boards in AR.I then filtered the solution ,heated it to +/- 30 degrees c.and then added urea to expel / remove all exess nitric acid .( until the fizzing had siezed).I did not filter the solution again . I kept the temp. as above and proceeded to add ferrous sulphate in powdered form at 30 min. intervals but nothing happened . Solution is now a dark green syrup . I hung a Cu wire into the solution to see if it would be attacked by the acid and it was only slightly .What would be my next step forward ? PLEASE HELP?

Put all your chemicals away and seal what you have done so far for later recovery.
Until you fully understand what your doing your not going to succeed in your efforts.
All you need to know and virtually all the known processes are here on the forum for free...you just have to read and research until it makes sense, your not the first to put up a thread exactly like this and the answers are nearly always the same as I'm giving you. The information you need is here and virtually nowhere else so get reading and post questions if you really don't understand a point.

Thanks for your advice , i have been reading hokes and found the answer to my problem but will be delaying my experiments until i have read it at least once more.

leondavids,
Pay attention to how she (C.M. Hokes), tells you how to eliminate base metals before trying to dissolve values.
How she eliminates organic or carbonous materials.
How she eliminates the nitric acid.
How she tests for gold in solutions.
Doing the getting acquainted experiments, she teaches, will show you what to expect with different metals and acids.

Hoke's does not speak about the electronic waste, but does give you the principles to deal with these.

Read through the forum also you will find many people run into the same trouble as you did. And you will also learn from the mistakes others have made. How others deal with different materials, and the many processes one may use and which process may be better suited for certain materials, you will also get Ideas on chemicals and how to make some of your own, how others have made some of the equipment they needed or where they may have bought theirs.

You just joined a whole new world of recovery and refining when you joined the gold refining forum, welcome and I hope you like studying, the more you learn the more there is to study, thank goodness that with the people here and all of the information they provide they make it fun.

butcher said:
leondavids,
Pay attention to how she (C.M. Hokes), tells you how to eliminate base metals before trying to dissolve values.
How she eliminates organic or carbonous materials.
How she eliminates the nitric acid.
How she tests for gold in solutions.
Doing the getting acquainted experiments, she teaches, will show you what to expect with different metals and acids.

Hoke's does not speak about the electronic waste, but does give you the principles to deal with these.

Read through the forum also you will find many people run into the same trouble as you did. And you will also learn from the mistakes others have made. How others deal with different materials, and the many processes one may use and which process may be better suited for certain materials, you will also get Ideas on chemicals and how to make some of your own, how others have made some of the equipment they needed or where they may have bought theirs.

You just joined a whole new world of recovery and refining when you joined the gold refining forum, welcome and I hope you like studying, the more you learn the more there is to study, thank goodness that with the people here and all of the information they provide they make it fun.
Thanks for the help , the forum is great thus far .Good thing i enjoy studying.

leondavids,
You have a great attitude, I can not wait to see your melted gold, (but I also am learning patience), if you run into something you do not understand, just ask if one of us can help we will.

Latest posts

Back