Exhaust Hood Filter

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ewaro09

I have read alot about scrubbers. I needed some help with a few ideas.

1. I want to draw the fumes from the exhaust hood through the bottom of a plastic bucket. My idea was to put a cartridge filter over the inlet hole inside the bucket. I affixed a fan to the sealable lid for the bucket.

Question 1: can I draw chemical fumes from the exhaust hood through a paper cartridge filter (DRY)? If not is there a special type of filter needed.

Question 2: can I draw chemical fumes from the exhaust hood through a paper cartridge filter (WET)? Would keeping the filter wet be better?

I have good draw from the front of the hood to the back to the pick up tube running it up through the top of the hood into the bucket with the filter DRY. Have not wet the filter yet until I get some input on this.

In essence it would become a WET Filter scrubber of sorts. If this is feasible please give me some input on the theory and/or inadequacies.

Robert

qst42know said:
Paper filters when wet aren't going to flow air very well. Any fluid will plug the pores. And many paper filters will disintegrate when wet.

Are you saying the filter will disintigrate because its wet or because it will be impermiated with fumes?

What a about keeping the filter dry?

Scrubbers are meant to provide an extended time in contact with a neutralizing chemical.

How long does it take something to pass through the thickness of paper even if the paper held up to the chemical it was exposed to?

qst42know said:
Scrubbers are meant to provide an extended time in contact with a neutralizing chemical.

How long does it take something to pass through the thickness of paper even if the paper held up to the chemical it was exposed to?

I see. From reading about scrubbers I see the issue is usually the volume of solution to dissapate the fumes in. I hope to find a way to reduce the barrier required to a minimal and safe as possible.

I appreciate your input greatly, thanks

*wink*wave*

Latest posts

Back