filters

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Axlrod2

what kind of filters do you guys use? i'm using paper coffe filters and it takes forever. any other filtering agent that could be used or should i get a vacuum filter system?

Vacuum filtering will surely speed things up. Try some second hand stores or university surplus store. I bought my first one for $25.00 6 mos ago, & just last week another for $67.00 @ the Univ of WA surplus store.
Hand pump, like for bleeding brakes would work, too.

More info please. Buckner funnel? Plastic funnel? Need to know your setup, and what your trying to filter. You could also try the search feature in the top right of this page and see what comes up.

too, if you try to filter right after a process you might want to give your material time to settle first. its easier to filter a clear liquid first then put the remainder with the solids in the filter last.

I filter useing coffe filters and a little patience, allows me time to think about my next step, i need all the extra help i can get :lol:

Back