Finding HCI ?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nitric

Hi Again G.R.F.

I have recently finished my first 'batch' of material. I conducted the process with a friend in a lab situated in the building I work at. I am now quite confident I can achieve the results im looking for. However I am really struggling to find someone to supply a private individual with HCI, especially with the assay needed.

I am in the UK and all the mainstream lab suppliers will not sell HCI to a private buyer as it is a level 3 drug awareness substance, besides the obvious corrosive dangers.

Does anybody know where I can purchase 35% assay HCI in the UK ?

Can you use Patio Cleaner ? I know it may not be very glamourous but the strong industrial cleaner does have a high concentrate Of HCI, it is actually labeled as Hydrochloric Acid, but im sure it is diluted with several other chemicals. If not is there a good substitute that contains the correct levels of HCI needed for AR ?

As always help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks !!

That should be the correct stuff you are looking for is the concrete cleaner. Should say 32%.
Look at pool supply store, Ph adjustment.
Hardware store, concrete cleaner.
Builder supply that sells bricks will have it to clean the the brick walls that are installed.
Laundry supplier might possibly cary it.

Barren Realms 007,

Great advice, I have a pool supplier not far from me. An industrial building that supplies pool equipment. I never thought to give it a try. I'll look into it. Nice One !!

I posted before that the company i used to use is Calchem their in the midlands 01952 606220 speak to them very nice people and helpful to.

If all fail get concrete or tile cleaner. I am using Santrax Brick, Tile & Concrete cleaner. It contains 20% HCl and when in crock pot it get to stronger percentage due to evaporation. It was little bit soapy with bubbles first but I had used that with fingers and pins with no problem.

Latest posts

Back