Finish my hood and scrubber design

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also, Cardboard is you friend around the filter area. You will have spits and spats that jump everywhere no matter how careful you are. Let's not even mention a spill. These are not as easily wiped up as they are caught and trapped on cardboard for later recovery.

Thanks guys for the support.

Butcher wrote:
I would look at having a small sink or eye wash station, at least a water hose with a valve just outside the door easy to get to.

I am thinking about running a water line to the building this spring for an outside water faucet.
Thanks Butcher,

Philddreamer wrote
I have a dam to keep any spills from finding their way to the floor.
Your respirator, when not been used, should be in a container, so to keep it from been exposed to the ambient, thus the cartridges lasting longer.

That is a good ideal about the dam, thank you for your advice on the respirator and cartridges, they are not cheap to replace so any help to prolong their life is appreciated.
Thanks philddreamer,

Palladium, thank you for explaining, there is an exhaust on the side of the pump. I will make the corrections in the morning and using cardboard under the pump is a good idea -one that is needed. I like the ideal about placing it outside running the hose to the inside, when running the check valve - this should go between the flask and the exhaust or on the exhaust side. Thanks for all the help.

Ken

In line between the flask and the condensation trap you have will be fine. I found that out the hard way when i cut my pump off and the flask was still under vacuum. I had gold chlorides in the flask and walked away to come back and find the oil had risen back up my hose and into my filter flask creating one hell of a mess. Yep!!!! Only took me once to learn that lesson. :mrgreen:

hi jenje,
i made a scrubber and a very effective water spray you can use is the spinning sprinklers used in gardening. put like 3-4 of them and it sprays well. also those synthetic grass mats can be used as filters.

I love it! Geat work.

The fireman in me would suggest a refractory lining on the inside, maybe eternitplades, as fx. conc. HNO3 is principedly capable of inflaming wood. If it is not ex-protected in some way, there shouldnt be emitted great amounts of inflammable gas as H2 or H2S. Both of them have a lower explosion limit of about only 4 vol.% (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flammability_limit). Since that would be 8 litres per 200l of air, it had to be quite great amounts, but I would keep this in mind.

Would be a nice terrarium tank too :)

Back