First post, Uh Oh

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caterer

This seems like a great site. I love the way it is set up. After reading through the basics of the sight. I have a real fear of attempting any of this. Long division is a stretch for me. To think of ever understanding and balancing formulas is pretty ominous.
I really want to take the gold and silver jewelery I have and refine it myself. I have been collecting it for some time now. Even if i do not go forward, one question I cant seem to find an answer to is what happens to the silver in the gold jewelery I Process. I'm not looking for an easy answer and do not mind putting my time in. Just thought I would ask.

Is there a place for me if I probably never will have a command of chemical equations?

caterer said:
This seems like a great site. I love the way it is set up. After reading through the basics of the sight. I have a real fear of attempting any of this. Long division is a stretch for me. To think of ever understanding and balancing formulas is pretty ominous.
I really want to take the gold and silver jewelery I have and refine it myself. I have been collecting it for some time now. Even if i do not go forward, one question I cant seem to find an answer to is what happens to the silver in the gold jewelery I Process. I'm not looking for an easy answer and do not mind putting my time in. Just thought I would ask.

Is there a place for me if I probably never will have a command of chemical equations?
The ability to work equations has little or nothing to do with being a good refiner. Beginning refining is mostly learning what process works best, with what metals or combination of metals (and/or non-metals). This is best learned by reading and then by trying out these things you've read about, hands-on, on a very small scale - at least to start with. Do the introductory experiments in the first part of the Hoke book.

Welcome to the forum.

I suggest you start in the library section. We have there free downloads and informative threads to help you get started as well as materials available to purchase from authors who are members here, all links are in the Library thread.

Get there from my signature line below.

Thank you all so much. I plan on reading hokes book immediately and will definitely start out the introductory pages.

Latest posts

Back