Florida gold ore ??

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From limonite nevada arizona is limestone and they are top producers in gold and there is also gold that comes from reefs and they call it reef gold been found in australia so the question is why wouldnt fl have gold because i read that limestone is actually a great host rock to hold gold here is a picture for you so after seeing this picture now the question we all should be asking is why wouldnt there be gold in flView attachment 57980
If I'm not mistaken. The gold "reefs" they are referring to. Are not literal coral/limestone reefs.
They are large ore body intrusions in the surrounding rock. Instead of just veins like gold bearing quartz etc.

If I'm not mistaken. The gold "reefs" they are referring to. Are not literal coral/limestone reefs.
They are large ore body intrusions in the surrounding rock. Instead of just veins like gold bearing quartz etc.
True.

Time for more coffee.

Gold Mining Reefs and Leads​

A gold reef is where the gold is found still deposited in its original rock host. In Ballarat this rock was usually quartz, in what is described as a reef.

If you think your specimens have free gold, prior to an actual assay with expense, why not a simple aqua regia leach and test with stannous chloride for gold. Although not perfect and will not detect gold tellurides, it is a sensitive test for free gold. If positive, then assay as this is not quantitative.

There are two approaches to mineral exploration. You hunt elephants in elephant country or you hunt elephants where elephants have never been found before. Both can be successful, but with limited resources, most exploration is focused on areas with favorable geology and past production.

Good luck, temper your expectations and test your theories.

Hello guys
The North of Florida is a very interesting place to prospecting
the bad thing is that most of all those land have owners
but gold have been found in florida
to the north of Pensacola
close to Alabama border

A big mistake new miners do is
Roasting any type of rocks

if You don’t know what you dealing with
don’t roast anything

stop Yourself from such big mistake
You can be hurt pretty bad or killed from those fumes.

The first thing many miners do
when they found an interesting rock or ore

is crushed and panned.
If I don’t see any gold
I move to another rock

or You can put some of those rock in a box and send it to a lab

I personally, I only roast Black sand

Hey so i bouf.ght a microsvopic camera and took better pics with 2000-400 mafnification i only got reo photos uploaded but will put more pics later today or sometime tomorrow

A quick trick to see if your Limestone contains any Gold is this; Put a couple drops of Vinegar, or weak HCl acid on the Limestone. if it fizzes (reacts), it does not contain any Au. If you study the Carlin Trend type deposits, you will discover the fact that when the Limestone got impregnated with Au, a Sulphur solution was injected prior to the Au phase of mineralization, effectively neutralizing the base. Perhaps there are some faults in Northern Florida associated with the Smoky, or some other mountain range, which would allow for the introduction of the proper fluids for a mineral deposit. Depending on your location in Florida, you may have better success looking for Gold from sunken ships, or drunken tourists losing rings, necklaces, and other PM baubles, if in coastal areas.

A quick trick to see if your Limestone contains any Gold is this; Put a couple drops of Vinegar, or weak HCl acid on the Limestone. if it fizzes (reacts), it does not contain any Au. If you study the Carlin Trend type deposits, you will discover the fact that when the Limestone got impregnated with Au, a Sulphur solution was injected prior to the Au phase of mineralization, effectively neutralizing the base. Perhaps there are some faults in Northern Florida associated with the Smoky, or some other mountain range, which would allow for the introduction of the proper fluids for a mineral deposit. Depending on your location in Florida, you may have better success looking for Gold from sunken ships, or drunken tourists losing rings, necklaces, and other PM baubles, if in coastal areas.
Since I am in that general area(north Alabama) that is some useful info for me as well. I love this type of bits of information, they often stick in my mind better.

Hey so i bouf.ght a microsvopic camera and took better pics with 2000-400 mafnification i only got reo photos uploaded but will put more pics later today or sometime tomorrow i also been panning and got
I hope you are right! I truly do. But I also am skeptical, and you have scientific consensus to battle. As do all new theories.
An assay will give an answer. we know of no other option. sooooo....

Yes when i was doing my own research i read that when the world was all one land mass (pangea) that the appalaciian mountains sat right above florida and there may have been an ancient river that webt from them straight down in to florida now this is while studying about terria ancient river beds and gold prospecting Ancient Rivers – NASA Mars Exploration this link is just an example for yall to re d up on it but what might even do you one even better is to google search ancient rivers beds and gold prospecting

I don’t understand: I think vinegar will react with limestone to produce bubbles, gold or no. How does the presence of a reactive substance (one that produces a gas) prove the absence of a non-reactive one (gold)? There samples depicted don’t look like Carlin ore samples and don’t fit the “invisible gold” description. How likely is it that there’s gold in limestone that isn’t Carlin type?

I’m not suggesting that the samples are gold, just that this method may not apply to all limestone deposits, and that there may be more direct methods (crush & pan) to test for gold in unknown formations

I don’t understand: I think vinegar will react with limestone to produce bubbles, gold or no. How does the presence of a reactive substance (one that produces a gas) prove the absence of a non-reactive one (gold)? There samples depicted don’t look like Carlin ore samples and don’t fit the “invisible gold” description. How likely is it that there’s gold in limestone that isn’t Carlin type?

I’m not suggesting that the samples are gold, just that this method may not apply to all limestone deposits, and that there may be more direct methods (crush & pan) to test for gold in unknown formations
Limestone is a base. What goldshark is saying, it in fact no longer is limestone as we know it and will not react with HCl or vinegar anymore. If this actually is such a gold deposit, making it more possible it could in fact contain precious metals. Or telling you this is not such a deposit if it reacts. Without actually testing for gold.

I think he means to dissolve the limestone and see if there is some Gold left.

I think he means to dissolve the limestone and see if there is some Gold left.
A quick trick to see if your Limestone contains any Gold is this; Put a couple drops of Vinegar, or weak HCl acid on the Limestone. if it fizzes (reacts), it does not contain any Au.
That's not how i read it. The geological process making such a deposit possible alters the limstone in a way it it no longer reacts.

That's not how i read it. The geological process making such a deposit possible alters the limstone in a way it it no longer reacts.
This applies to the Carlin Trend type deposits. They are a rather distinct type of Au deposition in Limestone, in which the reaction occurred as I stated in my reply to the Vinegar test.
Yggdrasil, you do not need to completely dissolve the Limestone to see if there is any Au contained. Even if there was, you would not notice it, unless you had a scanning electron microscope. If you removed 100% of the Limestone ,Leaving only 2 - 3 grams, per top, of atom sized particles, most being much smaller than a nanoparticle. The Au is literally deposited in 1 atom particles, up to multi particle clusters resembling a grape cluster, but still maybe only a 10 atom cluster. Still impossible to see with even a 1000 power microscope. It shows up in a fire assay, but you will find zilch in a very rich pan. This is why it was not discovered, until I believe, the 1950's.
There are very few occurrences, if any, of visible Au in Limestone, in the entire world, as we currently understand geology. New discoveries are still being made. The world is not flat, but it took a long time to convince the majority. I have heard some people claim, to this day, the world is flat, and it is only around 7,000 years old.
Back to Au in Limestone in Florida. I don't know how many watch the show " Bering Sea Gold ". You will notice that the Au washed to the beaches, and deposited off shore, contains sand to cobble size aggregate.If the Florida Au in Limestone was a viable alluvial deposit, it should contain some of the aggregates associated with the outwash material from it's source. I saw no course sand, or aggregate in the photos submitted. But once again, some of those photos should have been deleted, while the best ones still are not up to the necessary quality desired, for at least a reasonable guess.
I suppose you could get a deposit in say, a large inland lake, like The Great Salt Lake. Au in the sea may contain a 1 part per billion, or less. But a huge land locked part of the sea, through uplift, and evaporation, could theoretically concentrate the sea water, to a brine containing much salt and elevated quantities of Au. This is something for a bright, energetic person like 2323tonyt. He could spend the rest of his life studying the possibilities and orogeny of such deposits. Who knows, with dwindling higher grade deposits depleted, we may eventually end up mining salt deposits for its Au
Long story short, if you want an answer in this lifetime, get it assayed. You are about to make my head explode. Please make the voices go away.

Geology[edit]​

The Carlin type deposits show enrichment in the elements gold, arsenic, antimony, mercury, thallium and barium. This enrichment is created by hydrothermal circulation with a temperature of up to 300 °C. The underlying rocks out of which the minerals are dissolved are normally silty carbonates, although also silicates and other sediments are possible. The source of the heating for the water in the hydrothermal circulation is still under discussion.[4] The material in the deposit is altered in a way that the carbonate minerals are either dissolved or converted to the silicates by silicate rich hydrothermal water. For example, dolomite is transformed into jasperoid. Another alteration is the formation of clay minerals by interaction of water and feldspar. The absence of base metal sulfides and the even distribution of the pyrite and arsenopyrite in the host rock are the most obvious difference to other sulfide deposits.[5]

aI think we all hope you are right and you do have gold but you need to prove that we can’t , I was trying to advise you to do some simple testing and report back nothing majorly difficult but simply crush a sample and pan it not spend time arguing with the members, please understand your post unfortunately is not the first or even in the first hundred of claims of gold or other precious metals in rocks and we get very skeptical about them especially when no proof is offered.
I agree with Nick, crush and pan ...
=make sure the water has a surfactant (ie soap / or jet dry) .
There is a (panning) method where u use a squirter to push the cons down (to the bottom) of the pan after u tap -tap the top to accumulate the values .. fine fines are going to by microscopic , they wont weigh up to much --- (probably some milligrams)\
and they may be hard to distinguish being close to the color of the rock/sand ...

Back