flotation with PAX

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mekilcoyne

trying to find some PAX (potassium amyl xanthate) for some flotation experiments with some 65 - 100 micron flakes. I'm planning to use it with terpentine. I can't seem to find a small scale supplier, only companies selling metric tons. Any ideas?

mekilcoyne said:
trying to find some PAX (potassium amyl xanthate) for some flotation experiments with some 65 - 100 micron flakes. I'm planning to use it with terpentine. I can't seem to find a small scale supplier, only companies selling metric tons. Any ideas?

Use google, search potassium amyl xanthate , click on Alibaba and buy 1 kilo, or contact the suppliers and buy a smaller sample

sqm

Normally, when I need some chemicals, I look on eBay and Amazon. Did a search today for potassium amyl xanthate and it came back negative. Amazon, did show 38 hits for books dealing with chemical processing and floatation processing. Just purchased two pounds of ferrous sulfate from eBay. From a forum member or user who says it's better than SMB for precipitating gold. We'll see. I know C. M. Hoke liked it. Really wish I could have been more help. I have a few pounds of paydirt (sand) where I've classified it and run it through my spiral wheel. I know if there's any super small gold flakes in there, they are still in my buckets. If you find the potassium amyl xanthate and it works without being too involved, please share your results on the forum for all of us.

bswartzwelder said:
Normally, when I need some chemicals, I look on eBay and Amazon. Did a search today for potassium amyl xanthate and it came back negative. Amazon, did show 38 hits for books dealing with chemical processing and floatation processing. Just purchased two pounds of ferrous sulfate from eBay. From a forum member or user who says it's better than SMB for precipitating gold. We'll see. I know C. M. Hoke liked it. Really wish I could have been more help. I have a few pounds of paydirt (sand) where I've classified it and run it through my spiral wheel. I know if there's any super small gold flakes in there, they are still in my buckets. If you find the potassium amyl xanthate and it works without being too involved, please share your results on the forum for all of us.

Copperas aka ferrous sulfate does not leave you choking for breath like SMB does.

I just purchased two 50 lb sacks from a supplier in Winnipeg, $30.00 a sack. This also makes its use more economical than SMB.

Free nitric will cause you problems if you add to much copperas to be gentle with your additions.

I'm keenly interested in learning more about floatation and or cells.

Latest posts

Back