Found 30 Tons of electronics.

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
glauco said:
necromancer said:
i was thinking you could simply load it up & take it to the scrap yard.

problem solved. no sense spending the next 4 months trying to sell it. the floor space is worth cleaning it out and making room to work.
looks like a indoor scrap yard to me.
You would not try to at least recover the components from the lcds? Even if you are in six persons?

its all about the bottom line.

will you make more by scrapping it or by paying 6 people to take it apart then selling the parts as scrap?

necromancer said:
glauco said:
necromancer said:
i was thinking you could simply load it up & take it to the scrap yard.

problem solved. no sense spending the next 4 months trying to sell it. the floor space is worth cleaning it out and making room to work.
looks like a indoor scrap yard to me.
You would not try to at least recover the components from the lcds? Even if you are in six persons?

its all about the bottom line.

will you make more by scrapping it or by paying 6 people to take it apart then selling the parts as scrap?
That's the point: the idea is to unload the trucks with all the refrigerator and clean metal to scrapyards on the way home. The middle line (with all the remaining brute metals and plastics) and the bottom line (to remove the components) shall be perfomed by the six business partners (my friends with part of the $9K for the lot). With this partnership, we would be able to pay for a medium size place for some weeks during the dismantling time. We would not have to pay nobody as ourselves shall do the work.

Gluaco

Trust me this isn't going to end well for you. Listen to the people on here. I am storing 50 tonnes of TVs for someone currently and they are struggling to get £75 per tonne. Walk away it's more hassle than it's worth.

Jon

Hi Glouco !
I am in wisconsin. I envy the remarkable turnaround that your country, Peru and several other South American nations have gone thru !
The standard of living is now much better than in the united states. Have two friends who have been living in Peru for many years.
With the large middle class and the cash they have to spend, you may be able to recoup your investment by reselling. One of the computer repair stores that I receive computer scrap from,gets dozens of lcd tvs, ( I give then ones that I pick up ) They have one guy who tests them, takes parts from one and repair another tv. They are making good money reselling large-screen-lcd tv's. they also sell boards and other parts online.
Per-haps there is a profit there!
Good Luck
artart47

spaceships said:
Gluaco

Trust me this isn't going to end well for you. Listen to the people on here. I am storing 50 tonnes of TVs for someone currently and they are struggling to get £75 per tonne. Walk away it's more hassle than it's worth.

Jon
You guys are very correct! Instead of having all that work, I will do inventory, look for scrapyards next to the stock and sell everything to them directly. Actually I already found two very interested on the material. This way I can pay everything by myself according to scrapyards' proposals. If this don't worth, at least I will pass some interesting hours inventorying and getting experience on scrap with my father :lol:

Very thanks folks!

artart47 said:
Hi Glouco !
I am in wisconsin. I envy the remarkable turnaround that your country, Peru and several other South American nations have gone thru !
The standard of living is now much better than in the united states. Have two friends who have been living in Peru for many years.
With the large middle class and the cash they have to spend, you may be able to recoup your investment by reselling. One of the computer repair stores that I receive computer scrap from,gets dozens of lcd tvs, ( I give then ones that I pick up ) They have one guy who tests them, takes parts from one and repair another tv. They are making good money reselling large-screen-lcd tv's. they also sell boards and other parts online.
Per-haps there is a profit there!
Good Luck
artart47
Hey Art!
Actually I'm really not interested in opening a business, I don't want to work anymore 8) . I'm interested in refining PM just as hobbie and to safe-guard myself and my family... I'm about to negotiate all these electronics because is a good opportunity to learn some and get some money to finance this hobbie.

Back